Save time and money with eHLP – the mobile app that uses the latest video chat technology to quickly connect you with local tradespeople, plumbers, electricians, technicians and general home improvement experts.
We eHLP with you:
Examples of household basic faults / issues that may arise in the home include:
Why do I need eHLP?
Learn how to quickly repair basic issues in your home at the touch of a button. Electrical faults, unexpected leaks and smart device technical issues solved in minutes with the support of a local tradesperson.
“Pay only £10 when your issue is resolved and fixed safely with the advice and guidance of an eHLP tradesperson.”
NEW SERVICE 2020
DIY project support
We can also eHLP with more complex home improvement projects, providing:
- Step-by-step instructions and walk-through.
- Support with choosing the right tools and techniques.
- Guidance on where to buy your equipment and supplies.
For more information on this service call 01482 644348
*Basic repairs can be fixed within 10-20 minutes. DIY projects may need more in-depth support.
New Improved App Coming Soon
C4DI, @TheDock, 31-38 Queen Street, Hull, HU1 1UU
Sign up and get professional advice!
Whether it’s an electrical fault, technical issue or plumbing problem, eHLP is here for you.
eHLP saves you time and money when fixing common household problems, such as electrical faults, unexpected leaks, smart home device difficulties and general household maintenance support.
eHLP is on a mission to improve communication within the trade industry, providing local trades professionals with the latest innovative video technology. With eHLP, you can provide advice, help people repair basic household issues and get paid – all remotely.
We are committed to keeping all of our members safe, and so we ask our trades members to agree to the following guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone is your top priority.
Our trades members are proud to be a part of the eHLP community. Each trades professional agrees to provide a commitment to service and quality by following our eHLP values.
All of our eHLP trades members agree to:
Be friendly and accommodating to other eHLP members.
Be honest. If they cannot resolve a member’s problem via video call, they should let you know as soon as they can.
Be open. If the work requires a callout, they should be open with how much the call-out fee is.
Be realistic. Avoid overpromising and agreeing to take on work they cannot realistically carry out. They should always be honest about how long a job will take.
Be professional. Always treat other members with respect and behave professionally.
Never be verbally or physically abusive to other members.
Never demand cash payment.
Never obtain work through cold calling.
We interview all of our trades professionals to ensure that eHLP membership is right for them and that they are right for eHLP.
Upon request, we are able to share the details of accreditations of the trades professionals that require them. Of course, not all trades require accreditations.
All listed electricians must:
- Be registered with an electrical Competent Person Scheme Operator.
- Have been authorised by the Government to self-certify that their work is compliant with Building Regulations. This means they meet strict entry requirements and their work is regularly assessed, demonstrating their ability and ongoing competence, and that it meets the correct standards.
All listed plumbers must:
- Registered with one of the approved contractors schemes across the UK.
- WaterSafe – the national accreditation body – checks and approves businesses and their plumbers to give customers reassurance about the tradesmen undertaking work for them.
All listed Technicians and DIY experts must:
- Have passed the eHLP checks to ensure they agree to the eHLP promise and will strive to support you with your task at hand.
All eHLP members are required to have Public Liability Insurance to ensure you and your property are covered. We obtain current copies of their Public Liability Insurance, which are available upon request.
Every new eHLP trades member provides us with a valid copy of either a photo driving license or passport to verify their identity.
eHLP trades members may ask for feedback and this can be added to the eHLP platform after work has been completed. This helps endorse them for the service you have received and promote them to other users on the eHLP platform. All trades members are asked for a minimum of 5 reviews that have been given within the last 12 months
For more information please view our Terms & Conditions here
eHLP saves people time and money in seeking professional help to fix common
household problems that may arise such as electrical faults, unexpected leaks,
smart home device difficulties and general household maintenance support.
eHLP want to help improve communication within the trade industry, providing
local trade professionals the latest innovative video technology to earn money
by providing advice remotely and improving efficiency to repair basic
eHLP are commited to keeping the users safe so all our members agree to strict
guidelines to ensure the safety of user is their top priority.
The eHLP Values
Our members are proud to be part of eHLP. Each professional has agreed to
provide commitment to service and quality and follow our eHLP values. All
eHLP members go through a strict on boarding process before they are
displayed on our app. We are constantly improving the requirements to ensure
we keep up with government legislation and current laws.
eHLP members agree to:
- Be friendly and accomodating to your needs.
- Be honest if the video call isnʼt suitable let you know and arrange a time to call round.
- Our members are committed to providing the highest level of support to you.
- Tell you about any call-out fees before coming to you.
- Let you know straight away if they canʼt do the work and recommend someone who can.
- Keep to appointments and arrive on time (calling in advance if they need to reschedule).
- Be realistic about when they can start work and how long it will take.
- Be courteous. Treat you, your property and belongings with respect.
- Keep you in the picture about all aspects of the work.
- Return phone messages promptly.
- Create an additional contract for variations from the original agreement
- Deal with complaints promptly and professionally.
- Never demand cash payment.
- Never be verbally or physically abusive or threatening to a customer in any way.
- Not obtain work through cold calling.
- And meet the values set out by eHLP promise to you.
- Weʼre committed to provide the highest level of support.
- They take pride in their work.
We interview all our members to ensure that the eHLP membership is right for them and if they are right for eHLP too.
Not all trades require accreditations but for those that do, upon request we will
be able to share the details with you.
All electricians listed are registered with an electrical Competent Person
Scheme Operator, and have been authorised by Government to self-certify that
their work is compliant with Building Regulations. This means they meet strict
entry requirements, their work is regularly assessed, demonstrating their ability
and ongoing competence, and that it meets the correct standards. You can find
out more here.
All plumbers listed on the eHLP platform are registered with an approved contractorsʼ schemes across the UK, WaterSafe the national accreditation body checks and approves businesses and their plumbers to give customers reassurance about the tradesmen undertaking work for them. You can find out more here
Technicians & DIY experts
All techicians and DIY experts listed on the eHLP platform have passed the
eHLP checks ensuring they agree to meet the eHLP values and will strive to
support you with your task at hand.
All eHLP members are required to have Public Liability Insurance, to ensure you and your property are covered. We obtain current copies of their Public Liability Insurance and will be available upon request.
Every new eHLP member provides us with a valid, in date copy of either a photo
driving licence or passport so that we can verify their identity.
eHLP members may ask for feedback, this can be added after the call or work
has been carried out on the eHLP platform. This helps endorse them for the
service you have received and promote them to others on the eHLP platform.
To establish the quality of the trade before being listed on the app, all professionals are asked for a minimum of 5 reviews that have been given within
the last 12 months.
All information posted or given on the website or app is merely for educational
and informational purposes. It is not intended as a substitute for professional
advice. Should you decide to act upon any information on this website or given
by individuals from the app, you do so at your own risk,it is no part of
Black platinum gadgets Plc. The information is given from individuals/companies that are under the platform and separate from us Blackplatinumgadgets Plc. All companies will have there own liability insurances covering there company’s to give advice if needed.
While the information on this website or app has been verified to the best of
our abilities, we cannot guarantee that there are no mistakes or errors.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will
be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the
latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page